Thursday, September 26, 2013

Fresh Mozzarella and Artisan Bread + Service Project - July

For our July R.S. activity we started out the night with a service project making hospice cards.

Then we had two cooking classes -
1) artisan bread making
2) how to make fresh mozzarella cheese

I taught the artisan bread class. I started out by introducing these breads.

1) Babka (marbled chocolate bread)
2) Challah (sweet bread)
3) Pain d'epi stuffed with bacon and covered in a herb garlic mixutre

I showed the methods for shaping the dough into these loaves and provided samples and recipes. I had braided Challah loaves and rolls that were stuffed with a sweet cream cheese mixture and blackberries.

Here is a picture of my stuffed rolls and here is the recipe for challah.

Here's a picture of a braided challah loaf.

Here is a picture of a chocolate & cinnamon babka and here is the recipe for the chocolate one.
 I don't have a picture of the pain d'epi with bacon, but you can find one here along with the recipe. I brush the loaf with garlic herbed butter once it comes out of the oven.

Our second class was a demonstration on how to make mozzarella cheese.
There were samples of regular and marinated mozzarella at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment